Maharath Supports Passage of Senate Bills 108, 109 and 110
March 17, 2021
Today, state Senator Tina Maharath (D-Canal Winchester) supported the Ohio Senate’s passage of a trio of bills intended to distribute federal relief dollars to bars, restaurants, the lodging industry, businesses, fairs, child care providers and veterans homes in the form of grants as well as to provide rent and utility assistance for families and individuals.
“This pandemic has created an unprecedented need for government assistance, and today the Ohio Senate delivered on providing it,” said Maharath.
These bills will pass on federal dollars that have been granted to Ohio to support Covid-19 relief efforts, including:
• $465 million for rent and utility assistance
• $150 million for small businesses
• $112.2 million to reimburse childcare providers related to COVID and encourage retention of the workforce
• $100 million for restaurants and bars
• $100 million to reimburse local governments and certain non-profits, including non-profit hospitals, for pandemic related costs
• $25 million for the lodging industry
• $20 million for indoor entertainment venues
• $10 million for new businesses
• $4.7 million to support local fairs
• $3 million to support costs of the two veterans homes in Ohio
“As we make progress in the fight against this pandemic, we must ensure that Ohio families and businesses can emerge from this stronger than ever,” said Maharath. “I am confident that we will do so, and these bills go a long way towards getting us there.”