COLUMBUS—State Senator Bob Peterson (R-Washington Court House) announced today he has secured funding in the state's Capital Budget for key projects in the 17th District.
That includes funding in Vinton County:
- $500,000 for Rio Grande Community College Expansion
- $225,000 for Brown Township / Moonville Rail Trail
- $100,000 for Elk Township / Hotel McArthur
And funding in Jackson County:
- $150,000 for Hammertown Lake Improvements Project
- $100,000 for Wellston Sport Complex
- $40,000 for Jackson County Fairgrounds Improvements - 4H Building
"I am thrilled we were able to secure funding for so many important projects," said Peterson. "From agriculture to the arts and from education to athletics, these projects will greatly help enhance the quality of life, economic development, and job growth in the 17th District today and for generations to come."
A full list of community projects for the entire state will be available later this week.
The Capital Budget will go to the Governor's desk for signing now that it has been approved by the House and Senate.